All level 1 subjects cover material from regular to honors level and level 2 subjects cover material from honors to AP level. Here are the subjects that we cover.
- Biology 1 and 2
- Physics 1 and 2
- Chemistry 1 and 2
- Earth and Space
For each subject, we hold a class every other sunday for 90 minutes.
- A good portion of the class is spent in traditional classroom setting discussing topics on the subjects.
- There is assigned homework and pop quizzes. Considerable self study outside classroom is expected.
- About once a month, there is scheduled testing to assess learning of the topics covered.
- There is oral testing using buzzers to gain practice for Science Bowl like competitions.
Students have to be between 5th and 8th grade.
Teachers have to be at least in 9th grade and should have completed Honors/AP Level of the subject being taught.
- Conceptual Physical Science (5th Edition) Paul Hewitt (This has both physical science and earth science). This is a good book. Older version should be ok too.
- Physics: Principles with Applications by Douglas C. Giancoli
- Introductory to Chemsitry by Zumdahl
- Earth Science by Edward J. Tarbuck
- Biology, by Neil A. Campbell, Jane B. Reece